HS3W Speaker System by Hatchett Sound
Toby Hatchett is a life-long maker, doer and lover of sound. His creative journey has taken him from boat builder to expert in furniture, interiors, design and manufacture. Toby’s new line of speakers, handmade in his studio in Timoleague, Co Cork, represents a carefully conceived creative meeting of furniture and sound.
“This sound system unlocks music. It means you can hear it the way it was designed to be heard; it is crisper and cleaner, with greater depth to the sound.” – Toby Hatchett
It needs to be heard to be believed so call us to arrange a private listen. (Bottle of red wine not included, but highly encouraged.)
Solid Birch Plywood
Danish and German handmade components
Beautiful, full sound reproduction
Carefully selected, lovingly restored and upgraded Classic British Quad amplification.
Large 3-way floor standing Speaker.
- 18mm Birch ply construction with Valchromat HDF baffle.
- Poly wax oil and Formica Infiniti finishes.
- All Stainless Steel fastenings.
- Bitumastic sheet and Felt internal panel damping with Dacron acoustic wadding.
- Blast polished Stainless Steel base.
- Handbuilt LR2 crossovers with Audiophile German made Jantzen Audio Standard Zcaps, selected for their Fast reacting smooth detailed sound.
- Stepped baffle to time-align the tweeters for an improved transient response and phase integration.
- Handbuilt Danish Scanspeak transducers chosen for their uncompromised sound quality and robust construction.
- System sensitivity: 88 dB/2.8V, 1 meter.
- Impedance: 8 Ohms.
- Minimum impedance: 5.5 Ohms.
- Points of crossover: 800 and 3000 Hz.
Each system is hand built to order and takes 6 - 8 weeks from receipt of order to delivery. Worth the wait, we promise.
Price includes speakers, cables, bluetooth connector and amplifier.
Delivery and installation can be arranged for € 450.